Wednesday, July 19, 2006

It's Time

Well, it certainly has been a long time since I last wrote... I've been extremely busy, but that's no excuse.

There really wasn't a whole lot that really happened the last part of the winter and spring. Just the few stories of Japanese whalers and Japan's efforts to lift the moratorium on whaling.... of which I can recall that there was vote in the IWC to lift it and about half of the countries voted in favor of lifting the moratorium for whaling - which means that Japan may eventually get it's way, but 2/3 of the countries need to vote in favor for it to be lifted!

However, on a more positive note off of the coast of California the whale populations were found to have increased over the last season.

I thought a while back that I might've seen an article on a whale species that was thought to have been extinct discovered... somewhere maybe in the Atlantic?.. I'm not too sure because I can't find the article or anything, leave a comment if you've seen it!

- Gary

1 comment:

Lewis Clark said...

So many creatures are living under the ocean, specially different types of fishes like whale, shark and some other fishes.